Hygenol Cleaning Supplies Ltd (“Hygenol”) respects your right to privacy. We have put in place security measures for your personal data and manage your personal data in accordance with applicable data privacy regulations.
Please note that Hygenol is the Data Controller of your personal data. The principles set out in this Privacy Notice apply to all instances in which Hygenol receives your personal data as a Data Controller for the purposes described in this notice. Those purposes are processing of data in order to participate in the various activities available on this website or as mentioned below.
1. Personal data Hygenol collects.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal data, from you:
- Name (and/or Company Name)
- Job Title
- Email address
- Contact Information such as addresses and telephone numbers
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
You may provide your personal data if you wish. We only collect personal data that you choose to provide to us or that is required to provide our service to you. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your consent and/or any other applicable legal basis. Any consent you provide may be withdrawn at any time by contacting Hygenol (see section 11).
2. How Hygenol uses your personal data
For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Hygenol Cleaning Supplies Ltd is the "data controller".
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your data will not be disclosed to third parties (See Section 4)
Your personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security, see Section 3 (Security Measures).
Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- provision of bespoke documentation or website customisation;
- to help prevent breaches of security, the law or our contract terms;
3. Security Measures
Data security is of great importance to Hygenol Cleaning Supplies Ltd. To protect your data, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this website.
Only authorized Hygenol staff have access to your personal data and all employees who have access to your personal data are required to adhere to the Hygenol IT, Data Protection, and Privacy Policies.
Although we endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done so at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to/from the website.
Password access is required for certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
4. Who Hygenol discloses your personal data to and why
Hygenol will never share your personal data with any Third-Party or business organisation that intends to use it for their own purposes, other than as required by law.
5. Your rights
You have the right to ask Hygenol to provide you with all the information it stores on you. You have the right to rectify, block, complete and delete your personal data, to restrict its use, and to port your data to another organisation. You also have the right to object to the processing of your data by Hygenol in some circumstances and, where we have asked for consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent.
You may update your personal data or preferences via the appropriate sections of our websites.
There are exceptions to these rights, however. For example, access to personal data may be denied in some circumstances if making the information available would reveal personal information about another person or if Hygenol is legally prevented from disclosing such information.
Hygenol may be obliged to retain data even if you withdraw your consent, such that there is a legal requirement to process your data.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Prior to a cookie being placed, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the website may not function fully or as intended.
- This website may place the following Cookies:
- Strictly Necessary - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. For example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical - allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- Ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
7. Website and content customisation
Hygenol Cleaning Supplies Ltd may employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal data provided by users of this website.
We may utilise your personal data along with other information we have collected about you and your organisation (eg, sales order history) in order to provide bespoke web pages containing tailored information, guidance and technical support. For example, providing a list of safety documents for products you have purchased.
8. Email Communications
Should you choose to opt-in to our email marketing and promotional information services then this will be controlled and conducted in a lawful and GDPR compliant basis.
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Personal data Hygenol collects" above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS (Email Marketing Service provider). An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time.
9. Data Retention
Hygenol will retain your information for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Your information will be used and retained to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, dispute resolutions and to enforce our agreements.
Log files will be retained for internal analysis purposes. These log files are generally retained for a short period of time, except where they are used for website security, to improve website functionality, or we are legally obligated to retain them for longer time periods.
Hygenol reserve the right to purge, delete or archive data that is no longer considered active or relevant. For example user account data, which has not been accessed for a period of 12 (twelve) months, may be removed.
If Hygenol believe that the changes are material, we will advise you:
- posting the changes on this site;
- sending you an email or message about the changes;
11. How to contact Hygenol
Hygenol Cleaning Supplies Ltd
Unit 5 Parkway Business Centre
Zone 2 Deeside Industrial Estate
Telephone: +44 (0)1244 288882
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our data collection practices, please contact us at the address, telephone number or email listed above.